To qualify for State Tuition Assistance, Army National Guard Soldiers are required to submit Federal Tuition Assistance first.
Nebraska Army National Guard members can only use this program if Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) is not available (FTA is expended etc.) To use FTA please go to ArmyIgnightED
Effective 1 January 2021 Legislative Bill 450 will be implemented. Any member of the Nebraska National Guard who enrolls In any state-supported university, college, or community college, or any independent, not-for-profit, regionally accredited college or university in Nebraska shall be entitled to a credit of 100% of the resident tuition charges of such school for a diploma, certificate, associate degree, or baccalaureate degree program or 50% of the resident tuition charges of such school for a graduate or professional degree program, except that any member who attends an independent, not-for-profit, regionally accredited college or university in Nebraska shall receive a credit In an amount no higher than such member would receive if attending the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
All Nebraska National Guard members who are approved for tuition assistance will provide the State Tuition Office with an accurate list of classes within 10 working days following the start of each term/semester.
*** Members who utilize State Tuition Assistance will agree to serve in the Nebraska National Guard for 3 years after the completion of the course for which assistance was received. ***
STATE TUITION ASSISTANCE PROCESS
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Nebraska National Guard members may apply for State Tuition Assistance within 60 days prior to course start date, but no later than 5 business days prior to course start date.
2. In order to be considered for the State Tuition Assistance application approval process, the online tuition assistance application MUST be received by the State Tuition Office no later than the specified approval dates for which tuition assistance is requested.
3. After submitting your online State Tuition Assistance application, you wiII receive a confirmation email verifying your application has been submitted and received by the State Tuition Office. SAVE THIS EMAIL FOR YOUR RECORDS!
4. TAG tuition approval authority MAY approve a one-time exception to policy for missed deadlines of any timetable/suspense date. This will be done to accommodate unforeseen emergencies which will result in late action. Note: Late applications will NOT be considered once the term has started.
This policy will be strictly enforced and no additional exceptions will be granted.
5. After online applications have been processed, student will receive notification by email of approval or disapproval from the State Tuition Office.
6. All Nebraska National Guard Soldiers and Airmen who are approved for tuition assistance will provide the State Tuition Office with an accurate list of classes. This information can be emailed to the State Tuition Office (email@example.com
) at any time after student has received his/her email approval BUT no later than 10 days following the start of the term/semester/session. Failure to provide this information will result in the loss of approval of the requested tuition assistance and the student will be required to pay for charged tuition costs.
7. In no case will tuition assistance be paid by the Nebraska Military Department for more hours than were originally approved for the term.
I certify that I understand and will abide by the Laws and Regulations pertaining to the Nebraska National Guard Tuition Assistance Program contained in R.R.S 85-505 through 85-508 and NEARNG Reg 621-10 and NEANG Reg 213-10. I also authorize the school to release academic information to the Nebraska Military Department as it applies to me. (NOTE: Click here to read the regulation)
By clicking here to Apply for State Tuition Assistance
(to apply for classes), you are acknowledging you have read and understand NEARNG Reg 621-10 and NEANG Reg 213-10, and consent to be bound by and are becoming a party to this agreement.
Username: the initials of your full name (3 initials) + last 4 digits of your Social Security Number