Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) is financial assistance provided for voluntary off-duty education programs in support of a Soldier’s professional and personal self-development goals.
How Do I Qualify?
What Do I Get?
- Be currently serving in good standing in the ARNG and have a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Not be flagged
- Not have a hold on your ArmyIgnitED account (once created)
- Maintain a 2.0 or higher GPA for undergraduate courses or a 3.0 or higher GPA for graduate courses
- Keep your service requirement/obligation:
- Enlisted: Have an ETS or MRD after completion of FTA funded course(s)
- Officers and Warrant Officers: Subject to a two-year active-duty service obligation or a four-year reserve duty obligation
How Do I Apply?
- Up to $250 per semester hour, up to 16 semester hours for a total of $4,000 per fiscal year (Max TA and CA)
- Earn one degree at each of the following levels: Associate's, Bachelor's and Master's
- Lifetime limit of 130 undergraduate semester hours and 39 graduate semester hours
- CAN be used simultaneously with Chapter 1606/ MGIB-SR for the same course, when attending half-time or more
- Go to ArmyIgnitED and establish an account by clicking “Get Started” (CAC ID required)
- Request an Education Goal (select your school and degree program)
- Enroll in courses at your school
- Return to ArmyIgnitED and request TA for the courses you want to use TA for Courses can be requested up to 60 days prior to the course start date but MUST be requested at least 7 days prior to the start date of the course. Once courses are approved, go back to ArmyIgnitED, print the authorization form and provide it to the school
- An evaluated degree plan/audit will be required after the completion of 6 credit hours using FTA