Effective 1 January 2021, Legislative Bill 450 will be implemented. Any member of the Nebraska National Guard who enrolls in any state-supported university, college, or community college or any independent, not-for-profit, regionally accredited college or university in Nebraska shall be entitled to a credit of 100% of the resident tuition charges of such school for a diploma, certificate, associate degree, or baccalaureate degree program or 50% of the resident tuition charges of such school for a graduate or professional degree program, except that any member who attends an independent, not-for-profit, regionally accredited college or university in Nebraska shall receive a credit in an amount no higher than such member would receive if attending the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
All NENG members who are approved for tuition assistance will provide the Military Department's Tuition Assistance Office with an accurate list of classes within 10 working days following the start of each term/semester.
*** Members who utilize State Tuition Assistance will agree to serve in the Nebraska National Guard for 3 years after the completion of the course for which assistance was received.***
1. Submission dates for State Tuition Assistance are:
Nebraska National Guard members may apply within 60 days prior to course start date, but NLT 5 business days prior to course start date.
2. In order to be considered for the tuition assistance application approval process, the on-line tuition assistance application MUST be received by the Military Department’s Tuition Assistance Office no later than the specified approval dates for which tuition assistance is requested.
3. After submitting your on-line State Tuition Assistance application, you will receive a confirmation email verifying your application was submitted and received by the State Tuition Assistance Office.
SAVE THIS EMAIL FOR YOUR RECORDS!
4. TAG tuition approval authority MAY approve a one-time exception to policy for missed deadlines of any timetable/suspense date. This will be done to accommodate unforeseen emergencies which will result in late action.
***Late applications will NOT be considered once the term has started*** This policy will be strictly enforced and no additional exceptions will be granted.
5. After on-line applications have been processed, student will receive notification by email of approval or disapproval from the State Tuition Assistance Office.
6. All Nebraska National Guard members who are approved for tuition assistance will provide the Military Department’s Tuition Assistance Office with an accurate list of classes. This information can be emailed to the Tuition Assistance Office (
email@example.com) at any time after student has received his/her email approval BUT no later than 10 days following the start of the term/semester/session. Failure to provide this information will result in the loss of approval of the requested tuition assistance and the student will be required to pay for charged tuition costs.
7. In no case will tuition assistance be paid by the Nebraska Military Department for more hours than were originally approved for the term.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
I certify that I understand and will abide by the Laws and Regulations pertaining to the Nebraska National Guard Tuition Assistance Program contained in R.R.S 85-505 through 85-508 and NEARNG Reg 621-10 and NEANG Reg 213-10. I also authorize the school to release academic information to the Nebraska Military Department as it applies to me. (NOTE:
Click here to read regulation)
NOTE for applying for State TA:
the initials of your full name + last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
By clicking on this
LINK For State TA (this is where you apply for classes), you are acknowledging that you have read and understand
(NEARNG Reg 621-10 and NEANG Reg 213-10) , and consenting to be bound by and are becoming a party to this agreement.
Nebraska State Tuition Office
here to go back to Education & Benefits page