Service to Your Country & State
- President Kennedy said it best: “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” Service to your country is the number one benefit of becoming a member of the Nebraska Air National Guard.
- As long as you do not already have a four-year undergraduate degree you are eligible for tuition assistance. A waiver of 75% tuition assistance can be used at any NE state supported college or at 14 private schools (at 75% of the resident tuition rate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln). Tuition assistance can be used only on credit bearing courses which meet degree requirements.
- With a six-year enlistment you could qualify for up to $362/month just for attending college. This money can be used for anything you want; paying rent, making a car payment, or buying groceries.
Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
- Earn college credits towards a CCAF Associates Degree related to your career field. CCAF degree programs are designed to enhance the technical, leadership, management, and military skills for enlisted members.
– CLEP and DANTES tests are college level exams that you can take at no cost to earn college credits
- Base Exchange, Commissary, and base recreational facilities. There is low cost life insurance and health insurance available, VA home loan eligibility (after 6 years of service), free space available air travel and if you decide to make the guard a career, there’s a retirement check to look forward to.